Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pink Carnation Spotlight: Stephen Campbell Moore (Robert, Duke of Dovedale)

Every damsel needs her hero... who is this I see on a kind of off white steed?

Name: Stephen Campbell Moore

Dream Character Casting for the Lauren Willig Miniseries: Robert, Duke of Dovedale

First Impression: He Knew He Was Right... one of the best miniseries EVER, plus, besides being sweet and awesome, his sister kicks some serious ass, not that that really applies here, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Why they'd be the perfect actor for the Lauren Willig Miniseries: One of those occasions where I instantly thought of this actor. Don't know why or how, but when Robert shows up on that snowy night, he looked suspiciously like Stephen Campbell Moore.

Lasting Impression: Ashes to Ashes. Evan White. While, yes, his relationship with Alex is a little... odd to say the least, him with a beard... first time I thought sexy and not kind of goofy, ie the picture here.

What else you've seen them in: Byron, He Knew He Was Right, The History Boys, Lark Rise to Candleford, Ashes to Ashes, Stephen is a great period piece actor... there's something of a different time about him, even if that time was just the 80s, and I think he'd fit in perfectly in my little Lauren Willig world.

Can't believe it's them: A tie, Wallis & Edward with Bright Young Things. Wallis & Edward, just because this was made after some of the other things, yet he looks ten years younger. He looks so little and vulnerable, and he was the only reason I kept watching this very boring movie about two of the most self centered people in history. Yes, I'm not of the, oh how romantic notion, I'm of the, these people were friends with the Hitlers persuasion. And Bright Young Things just because I really can't remember much about this film... I know he was in it, I know it was by Stephen Fry... can't for the life of me recall anything else really... oh, Richard E Grant had a ten second cameo... yep, that's about it.

Wish they hadn't: Shaved off his beard! He's one of those men that must have a beard, just as Tom Selleck must have the stache!

Bio: Slowly building a reputation for great acting... wish he'd drop by season three of Ashes to Ashes with the beard back though...

2 comments:

He has a chameleon like quality, every time I see him in something it takes me a while to realise who it is and all the other things I have seen him in, some actors you always remember for certain roles but he seems to shed his past performances and slip seamlessly into each new role occuping it as if he could only ever be that character, does that make sense?
Bright Young Things was interesting for it's cast, it also starred David Tennant and James Mcavoy. It seemed a much kinder telling of Vile Bodies which was quite a harsh portrait of the age and the bright young things it produced, if you get a chance check it out, it's not a bad read.

I agree with you totally on Stephen. Bright Young Things is very interesting for the cast... I mean even Michael Sheen is in it, another chameleon in the extreme.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home