Monday, April 1, 2019

Regency Magic

What I find interesting about the Regency Magic genre is since my theme month had to take a hiatus in 2017 due to me being unable to find any books that fit in this oh-so-specific category there has been a kind of resurgence. I don't know if it's due to the popularity and cache that V.E. Schwab brought to the genre via her Shades of Magic series or what, but it's almost at the point where I now have too many books to choose from! Not that I could literally ever have too many books that embrace my love of all things Regency and magical! Because of certain plans I have for May, and no, you have to wait until May to find out, I had to limit "Regency Magic" to only one month like I did last year, but it was hard to choose who to feature! There are so many books I've found but in the end at least one choice was simple for me.

Back in 2016 in my second year of doing "Regency Magic" I featured Zen Cho and her wonderful new book, Sorcerer to the Crown. Now Zen has a new book out! While as she says "It's SO lovely hearing from people who've enjoyed #TheTrueQueen, but there's also a part of me that's like "It took me 4 years to write it and you read it in ... 2 days ... " Yes, yes we did read it in two days, because we've been waiting these four years to devour the followup like a hungry dragon and therefore it was a no-brainer that Zen was going to be featured... So my second pick therefore needed to have four books, because of timing, and therefore I am ecstatic to finally pick up Alison Goodman's Lady Helen Series. Oh, this is going to be so much fun and such good reading! I hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home