Thursday, February 1, 2018

Sweet Reads

When planning out theme months I rarely decide to celebrate what a month is known for. December is more likely about Daphne Du Maurier than it is about Christmas. March is more for Magic or shades of the Gothic than Saint Patrick. But for some reason this year I've decided to embrace what February is known for, Valentine's Day. I am almost questioning my sanity in celebrating a holiday that has been more about watching Chick Flicks in my own personal experience than candlelit dinners. But there are so many great romances in literature, from Darcy and Elizabeth to Rochester and Jane, Westley and Buttercup to Anne and Gilbert, everyone has their favorite couples. Therefore this February, let's raise a glass, or devour a couple boxes of chocolate we bought on discount on the fifteenth of the month to these classic couples!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home