Saturday, February 1, 2014

Downton Denial

You might not know it yet, but you are suffering from Downton Denial. You're in the middle of the new season, everything is good, it's great in fact. Mary is rebounding quite nicely with Anthony Gillingham and Charles Blake, though my money is on Charles... who could resist the lure of Julian Ovenden, seriously? Daisy is turning into this wonderfully snarky character that is almost getting better lines then Maggie Smith. Also, what will happen with Edith's ever complicated love life, could there be something worse then being left at the alter? And then there's Anna and Bates. Poor poor Anna... at least Julian Fellowes didn't kill her! And finally, Rose, who is turning out to be far less annoying then I anticipated, which is a nice surprise. Throw in some Americans and you have first rate television... but you are still in denial.

The fact remains that come February 23rd you will have no more Downton. You will have to wait a whole year just to have nine more episodes... the fact that you don't want to face up to this knowledge is where your denial comes in. But I am here to aid you! I am here to help you cope with the bereft feeling that will overtake you in the weeks to come. While Downton Abbey is unique in it's own way, it's not so unique that you can't find books to fill the void inside. For the month of February I will have a plethora of Downtonesque reading suggestion to help you through the loss to come. It's the least I can do for my fellow sufferers.
  The Prize:
An awesome Downton Abbey ornament! Not only is it reminiscent of the bells in the servants halls that feature prominently in the opening credits, but it has a lovely picture of Highclere Castle in the center, where they film Downton Abbey. Let me put it this way, it's so cool that when I ordered it specifically for this theme month, I had to order one for myself as well. Should note that the bell doesn't work very well... that or everyone has just decided to ignore it...

The Rules:
1. Open to EVERYONE (for clarification, this means international too), just because you haven't been following me all along doesn't mean you don't matter, you just get more entries if you prove you love me by following.

2. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if your name is drawn, either your blogger profile or a link to your website/blog or you could even include your email address with your comment(s) or email me.

3. Contest ends Friday, February 28th at 11:59PM CST (Yes, I know it would be nice to have a leap day for extra entries... but that's just the way it is.)

4. How to enter: Just comment in the space below!

5. And for those addicted to getting extra entries:

  • +1 for answering the question: Who is your favorite character on Downton Abbey and why?
  • +2 for becoming a follower
  • +10 if you are already a follower
  • +10 for each time you advertise this contest - blog post, sidebar, twitter (please @eliza_lefebvre), etc. (but you only get credit for the first post, so tweet all you like, and I thank you for it, but you'll only get the +10 once). Also please leave a link! There's a handy code on the side for your sidebars!
  • +25 if you comment on any of the posts during the Downton Denial Celebration, with something other than "I hope I win" or a variation thereof.
Good luck!

1 comments:

Hello! I will throw my hat in the ring for this contest, as I love Downton and that bell is sweet. I linked to your blog last week (http://thebubblebathreader.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/happy-friday/). I'm enjoying all the Downtonesque reviews.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home