Monday, November 30, 2009

Thriller & Suspense Challenge 2010

Book City Chick is hosting a Thriller and Suspense Challenge for the coming year that I just can't ignore... I must participate, if just for the cool logo alone. I am a sucker for good graphic design.

Let's get to the nitty gritty!

Timeline: 01 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2010
Rules: To read TWELVE (12) thrillers in 2010

Details:

• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the links I have set up below with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.

• If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.

• You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.

• There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.

Now, there are many different sub-genres of thriller, so don't go thinking that you don't actually read these kinds of books because I bet you read more than you think. As I mentioned above you can choose from the numerous sub-genres, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or even supernatural/paranormal suspense written by the likes of Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake) and Kelley Armstrong. So, there you have it, this challenge will have something for everyone I'm sure! :)

To help you figure out and decide, J. Kaye has kindly given me the sub-genre list that she compiled when hosting the challenge. To view this list go HERE.

If you have trouble signing below, please email me the name you want posted below with your blog's link HERE.

The Game is afoot! Are you going to join me?

2 comments:

Hey, welcome to the challenge. I'm so pleased you joined! Your Mr Linky is up, sorry about that sometimes it just disappears for no reason :) Hope you have fun with the challenge.

Thanks for hosting this challenge, it looks so fun!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home