Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pink Carnation Spotlight: Bradley James (Lord Richard Selwick)

Like boys the world over, here comes our Lord Richard Selwick... a little late, but still looking devilishly hansom! Let's here it for this Sunday's boy... our knight in shining armor.

Name: Bradley James

Dream Character Casting for the Lauren Willig Miniseries: Lord Richard Selwick


First Impression: The cute illegal boxer in the second season of Lewis' most confusing case ever. When the characters keep having to repeat plot points so they can sort out who the characters are and what they have to do with the East German Secret Police, you know you have no chance in figuring out what's happening.

Why they'd be the perfect actor for the Lauren Willig Miniseries: Because, I have to face the facts, Cary Elwes is too old and too fat. He is exactly who I picture, but time has not been kind to the Dread Pirate Roberts and I have moved on to Bradley James. He is gorgeous, funny and can really act. So here's to the next generation of hotness! Here's to Bradley as Richard.

Lasting Impression: Arthur on Merlin... just the right level of good acting, humor and camp while never taking himself too seriously. The unicorn episode, priceless and I loved The Princess Bride reference... which helped in choosing him as Cary's replacement.

What else you've seen them in: Lewis. He really has only the two big credits, but as long as Merlin doesn't go on too long and he doesn't get pigeonholed I expect great things of him. Also hopefully he'll age better than Cary Elwes.

Can't believe it's them: Blue Peter... come on, that's just tacky even if it is in your BBC Contract.

Wish they hadn't: Nothing yet, fingers crossed... though he could stop by and try to explain that episode of Lewis to me. It might be hard to concentrate with him there... but I'm willing to invest the time... and take as long as it needs.


Bio: Seeing as Merlin is partly filmed in France I think it would be very easy to just lure him to Paris to be in my Pink Carnation dream miniseries.

2 comments:

I don't think that I have ever heard of Bradley James... I might have to look into that a bit further!

I have to say that I have always imagined Lord Richard to look more... sarcastic? Though I am really not sure how one could possibly look sarcastic, I always imagine that he has that look about him, as though he has just finished rolling his eyes at something ridiculous someone has said, all the while ready to share a conspiratorial smirk with though in the loop.

That said I think Bradley might just work!

Oh yes, he has the sarcasm down pat. He's also a good eye roller if need be.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home