Monday, December 7, 2009

Jerome Peterson Week

This week I'm profiling the author Jerome Peterson. Jerome has a great book out, Thumb Flagging, that maybe you might find yourselves tempted to buy for others this holidays season... I'd recommend it. Jerome will be stopping by this week to answer a few questions. I will also be posting my review and of course, what would an author profile week be without a giveaway!?! That's right, Jerome has kindly sent me a signed copy for one lucky reader of my blog. So stop in throughout the week, learn a little but about Thumb Flagging and perhaps get yourself your next great read!

Here's the books official patter to whet your appetites:
"The lure of the open road and the undeniable wanderlust of the heart have overtaken the life of young, kindhearted Jay Patterson. When he meets confident, free-spirited Willy Jacobs, Jay hesitantly becomes a bohemian of the highway in this tale set in the late seventies. Their unforgettable cross-country journeys by hitchhiking and riding the rails lead them to extraordinary situations beyond their imaginations.

Willy is a friendly street-smart drifter who applies his zany roadside therapies to help Jay overcome his crisis of confidence. As the unlikely pair travel, Willy philosophizes and uses his strong personality and energy persuading Jay into becoming a hitchhiking junkie. The vagabonds meet with unexpected encounters and come face-to-face with themselves and the harsh realities of the open highway.

They stumble upon many others who are traveling and tending to their own physical, psychological and emotional wounds. Paranoia strikes at the heart of their journey as they cross the path a number of times with a mysterious psychopathic couple.

While traveling alone from Arizona to Maine, Jay meets a female drifter. The decisions they make could result in a magical relationship or a tragic goodbye. Jerome Peterson lives in Sonora, California, and works for a park and recreation district. He has hitchhiked across country, which included riding the rails. His next book is Jesus Is a Gardener, and he is preparing a poetry manuscript and a book of short stories."

Now onto the giveaway!

THIS GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED

The Prize:
Thumb Flagging, Signed by the Author Himself!!!

The Rules:

1. Open to EVERYONE, just because you haven't been following me all along doesn't mean you don't matter.
2. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if your name is drawn, either your blogger profile or a link to your website/blog or you could even include your email address with your comment(s).
3. Contest ends December 20th 11:59PM CST
4. How to enter:

Answer me this: If you could hitchhike anywhere, where would you go?

5. And for those addicted to getting extra entries:

  • +1 for answering the question above
  • +2 for becoming a follower
  • +5 if you are already a follower
  • +10 for each time you advertise this contest - blog post, sidebar, twitter (please @MzLizard), etc. (but you only get credit for the first post, so tweet all you like, and I thank you for it, but you'll only get the +10 once). Also please leave a link!
Good luck and if you decide to heed the call of the open road in the next few days, bring along a phone or a netbook so you can follow Jerome and me all this week!

12 comments:

If I could hitchhike anywhere I'd head for Los Angeles!!
I would love to be entered in your draw. Thanks!
wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

I am already a follower of your blog.
wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)com

I live on the East Coast, so I would probably pick somewhere on the West Coast, so I could see as much of the country as I could. Let's say Portland, Oregon.

+1 Question
+5 Old Follower
+10 Sidebar Post

+1 I would hitchhike to VA! :D But that would be pretty hard all the way from Finland.

+5 already a follower

milkavainamo@lyseo.edu.ouka.fi

Answer me this: If you could hitchhike anywhere, where would you go?
Back east where I'm from. (Currently living out west) Just so I could see more trees... :)
* +1 for answering the question above
* +2 for becoming a follower
* +10 for each time you advertise this contest - on my sidebar at twoandahalfbooklovers.blogspot.com
rae_sunshine4(at)yahoo.com

easy! if i could hitchhike ANYWHERE? i would hitchhike to another dimension, if they had cars, just so i can meet an alien. (i am hoping there would be an alien!)

+1 question
+2 new follower(:

cookiedevil94@hotmail.com

+5 already a follower
+1 I would hitchhike to 7-11

Dey@mts.net

Please count me in.

+1 If I could hitchhike anywhere, I would love to hickhike through the southern US.

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

I'd love to hitchhike to England! :D

+1 for answering the question above
+2 for becoming a follower
+10 for each time you advertise this contest - blog post

josettebooks at yahoo dot com

Thanks! :)

I'd hitchhike to Vegas:)

+2 New Follower

Thanks for the chance!
christinbanda at yahoo dot com

I would LOVE to win this!
Thankyou!! :D:D:D
I would hitchhike to New York.
-Lindsay

lindsay15photo@gmail.com

justpeachy36@yahoo.com

If I were going to hitchhike somewhere it would be up North toward Canada. I've always wanted to travel up the Pacific Northwest.

I am a new follower.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home