Sunday, December 13, 2009

From Another of My Favorite Authors

Charlaine Harris! I know, I know, this is cutting into our valuable Lauren Willig time, but I knew you'd want to see the new Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire cover by Lisa Desimini! Interesting... Eric and Sookie and a rose. This is the first time I can think of something living and an embodiment of love on the cover. Also shiny! Pretty vibrant colors! It's usually floaty people and death. Plus two thorny stems with only one flower... the plot thickens. I'm sure it has some dark, deeper meaning, that mysterious wrapped package on Dead and Gone sure had significance. Wonder what the copy "Never before published" is about though. Can't wait... literally I can't! Can May be now? I know it would mess up my friends who are planning their wedding for May, but really! I think my need for the book is that desperate that I'd be willing to flash forward a few months out of the cold winter doldrums and into the warm May vampire friendly (in that the books always release in May, not that Vampires like the more sunlight aspect of the month) air. Also I have to say, with all the format changes and font changes (I hate the new modern Arielesque font and want that weird dead bones font back) I'm happy to see that they haven't chucked Lisa Desimini by the side of the road, because the quirky covers are what drew me to this series in the first place... that and an ad in the Buffy Magazine. Well, till May 4th, 2010 we must wait and reread the books and watch the series and have endless discussions comparing the two... I wish it was May.

1 comments:

I don't want to wait until May either! The cover is great, very different from the others, but still beautiful. The latest in the series was my favorite so far. I can't wait for the next one!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home