Monday, October 26, 2009

Tuesday Tomorrow

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris
Published by: Berkley Hardcover
Publication Date: October 27th, 2009
Format: Hardcover, 320 Pages
To Buy

The official patter:
"
Lightning-struck sleuth Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver take a break from looking for the dead to visit the two little girls they both think of as sisters. But, as always happens when they travel to Texas, memories of their horrible childhood resurface.

To make matters worse, Tolliver learns from his older brother that their father is out of jail and trying to reestablish contact with other family members. Tolliver wants no part of the man- but he may not have a choice in the matter.

Soon, family secrets ensnare them both, as Harper finally discovers what happened to her missing sister, Cameron, so many years before.

And what she finds out will change her world forever. "

While Charlaine Harris my be best known for her Sookie Stackhouse books of Southern Vampires, I have always found the most enjoyment in her Harper Connelly books. While this one is unfortunately titled Grave Secret, I say unfortunate because it is also the title of one of Kathy Reichs Temperance Brennan "Bones" novels, I hope that we do get to the bottom of one secret that's been looming in Harper's life...what happened to her sister? I've been so impatient I actually read the first chapter on Charlaine Harris' website, something I rarely do because it makes me more impatient. I literally can't wait for this book, I've preordered it for my Kindle (and checked occasionally to see if it was accidently sent early) in the hopes that at midnight I can sink my teeth into it....hmm, that metaphor seems too vampy for her non-Sookie books...dig into it perhaps? Ah, the metaphor doesn't matter, just the fact of a great read with a truly complex mystery, the likes of which might baffle a bar maid at Merlotte's.

1 comments:

This bittersweet, but I can't wait to read it!
Elie (Ellz Readz)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home