Thursday, October 15, 2009

In My Mailbox

Yesterday was a wonderful day for my mailbox. Happy unbridled joy at finding not one but two books waiting for me! One was completely unexpected and the other was a wonderful treat. The first reason for exclamations of joy is I received an ARC of Elizabeth Kostova's The Swan Thieves from Little Brown! (Yes, I know, the exclamation marks are going to get old, but as Terry Pratchett would say: "Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind," and I have never said that I'm of sound mind). I've been impatiently waiting for her to write another book since The Historian came out four years ago and January looked too far away. Yeah for ARCs is all I have to say, can't wait to sink my teeth into this book. Art, tormented geniuses, sign me up!

The other arrival was Marissa Doyle's Betraying Season, direct from the author! I was beyond lucky to win this from her blog last week, in an unprecedented event (ie, I never win any books from all the competitions I enter). But what is beyond cool, the cool part being it was signed to me, Miss Eliza, the beyond cool part was the awesome door hanger, that says "Her Ladyship is Engaged." I so want to just hang this around my neck and everytime someone tries to interupt my reading just point to the sign. Might get old to some people, but it would always be priceless to me! You should be sure to check out this, as well as her previous Leland Sisters novel, Bewitching Season. Reviews shall be forthcoming soon...I hope to go on a reading binge here...determinded in fact! There's just too many good books out there and I'm determined to make the time.

4 comments:

I'm so jealous of your Swan Thieves ARC! I cannot even imagineI can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy!

Elizabeth Kostova has a new book coming out?! You are the bearer of great news!

Yes, the book comes out in January.

how perfect that ur 1st win includes that fabulous door hanger!
btw, ur site was my 1st win!!! and so, I am forever loyal blog follower, lol

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home