Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thursday Tomorrow

Magic Below Stairs by Caroline Stevermer
Published by: Dial
Publication Date: June 10th, 2010
Format: Hardcover, 192 Pages
To Buy
The official patter:
"Young Frederick is plucked from an orphanage to be a footboy for a wizard named Lord Schofield in Victorian England. Is his uncanny ability to tie perfect knots and render boots spotless a sign of his own magical talent, or the work of Billy Bly, the brownie who has been secretly watching over him since he was little? No matter, for the wizard has banished all magical creatures from his holdings. But Billy Bly isn’t going anywhere, and when he discovers a curse upon the manor house, it’s up to Frederick and Billy Bly to keep the lord’s new baby safe and rid the Schofield family of the curse forever. "

I have been dying for this book ever since I met Caroline last year at WisCon and she mentioned it. It's a sort of companion book to her successful Sorcery and Cecelia series which I really loved. Caroline was at WisCon again this year and I coveted her author copy, and said as much as she signed all my backlog of books (boy do I love signed copies). And if you haven't checked out those books, why not I say!?! They are perfect for this month, aka "Jane in June." While this one is for younger audiences, the original trilogy is set in a Regency England that has magic and is written in epistolary form, like Sense and Sensibility was before Jane rewrote it and retitled it from Elinor and Marianne.

1 comments:

How cute. ^^ I'm going to look for it at my library.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home