Monday, March 22, 2010

Tuesday Tomorrow

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
Published by: William Morrow
Publication Date: March 23rd, 2010
Format: Paperback, 320 Pages
To Buy

The official patter:
"
Abigail Von Normal, nonperky, mysterious teen queen of the San Francisco night scene and backup mistress of Tommy, the unintentional Vampire is back to lead you through the 3rd book in the San Francisco Vampire trilogy. Learn what happens to Tommy, Jody, the Vampire Flood, Chet the Enormous Cat, The Smurfette, the Animals, and all your other favorites!"

I have yet to get around to this series, but seeing as it combines one of my favorite cities, San Francisco, and my love of Vampires, not to mention Chrisopher Moore's biting (haha) wit, I'm sure I'll love it. Plus, seeing as he's on tour while I'm on spring break... I might just head on over to Milwaukee and check this out for myself... maybe I'll see you there?

Author Tour:
Tuesday, March 23 at 7:00 PM
BOOKS INC. AT OPERA PLAZA (San Francisco, CA)

Wednesday, March 24 at 7:00 PM
UNIVERSITY BOOKS (Bellevue, WA)

Thursday, March 25 at 7:00PM
THIRD PLACE BOOKS (Lake Forest Park, WA)

Friday, March 26 at 7:00 PM
POWELL’S BOOKSTORE AT BAGDAD THEATER (Portland, OR)

Saturday, March 27 at 2:00 PM
POISONED PEN PHOENIX STORE (Phoenix, AZ)

Saturday, March 27 at 7:00 PM
CHANGING HANDS (Tempe, AZ)

Sunday, March 28 at 2:00 PM
TATTERED COVER BOOKSTORE (Denver, CO)

Tuesday, March 30 at 12:30 PM
BORDERS (Chicago, IL)

Tuesday, March 30 at 7:00 PM
ANDERSON’S NAPERVILLE (Naperville, IL)

Wednesday, March 31 at 7:00 PM
BOSWELL BOOK COMPANY (Milwaukee, WI)

Thursday, April 1 at 7:30 PM
THURBER HOUSE (Columbus, OH)

Friday, April 2 at 7:00 PM
BROOKLINE BOOKSMITH (Brookline, MA)

Saturday, April 3 at 6:00 PM
BORDERS (New York, NY)

Monday, April 5 at 6:30 PM
CHESTER COUNTY BOOKS (West Chester, PA)

Tuesday, April 6 at 6:30 PM
BORDERS (Baileys Crossroads, VA)

Wednesday, April 7 at 7:00 PM
POLITICS & PROSE (Washington, DC)

Friday, April 9 at 7:00 PM
VROMAN’S (Pasadena, CA)

Saturday, April 10 at 2:00 PM
MYSTERIOUS GALAXY BOOKS (San Diego, CA)

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
Published by: Quirk
Publication Date: March 23rd, 2010
Format: Paperback, 320 Pages
To Buy

The official patter:
"With more than one million copies in print, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was the surprise publishing phenomenon of 2009. A best seller on three continents, PPZ has been translated into 21 languages and optioned to become a major motion picture.

In this terrifying and hilarious prequel, we witness the genesis of the zombie plague in early-nineteenth-century England. We watch Elizabeth Bennet evolve from a naïve young teenager into a savage slayer of the undead. We laugh as she begins her first clumsy training with nunchucks and katana swords and cry when her first blush with romance goes tragically awry. Written by acclaimed novelist (and Edgar Award nominee) Steve Hockensmith, Dawn of the Dreadfuls invites Austen fans to step back into Regency England, Land of the Undead!"

Ok, so I admit, I still haven't finished slogging my way through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's just not my thing. I thought it would be, but it wasn't able to strike out on it's own enough and just bastardized what was there. Good news though for haters of the original, apparently this one is good! Maybe not being belaboured with the original plot has let this thankfully new writer be uninhibited and break free and make something fun. So I think I might just give this a try.

2 comments:

The first book Blood Sucking Fiends is laugh out loud funny! Reading about Tommy learning about sex from Cosmo is priceless! The second is not as funny, I can only hope the third is as funny as the first. Lamb is my favorite. What is yours?

I would have to second the vote from Lamb. Though I'm always up for some new vamps.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home