Monday, March 1, 2010

Winner Announced!

Thank you to everyone who entered to win the lovely Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus ARC by R. L. LaFevers. As for mummies being cursed... it appears we are evenly split between those who do and those who don't believe. Though it is interesting that most who don't believe said that you never know... so wisely hedging your bets there if a mummy should come around, I fully embrace your cunning self preservationist attitudes. Now to the winner.... inthehammock! AKA Carrie!

Also, just because "Desert Sands Month" is over, doesn't mean the explorations to Egypt should or even could stop. It is really a rather big obsession of mine, I'm too fascinated to ever give it up. But Elizabeth Peters and R. L. LaFevers, while my current favorite authors also enamoured of the land of the pahroahs, there are many authors to come before and many authors that will come after. From Agatha Christie to Margaret George, Michelle Moran to Lawrence Durrell, Olivia Manning to Eloise Jarvis McGraw, from fiction to non, the stories are never ending and my Egyptian Shelf keeps expanding!

And as a final note, remember that this month, as in, today, the day that is the official start of "no more crap February" as I like to call it... sure there were wonderful Egyptian stories to drive away the cold, but I had a flu akin to a mummies curse that I hope will end with the briskness of March which will shortly bring little bunnies and happy flowers and wonderful SPRING! Also never forget Cadbury mini eggs, the reason Easter was created. But besides the choclatey goodness, there is also a giveaway that will be my biggest yet. There are multiple prizes, at least four winners, and as for the books... some of my favorite of all time and total amazing. So come back and see what you can win, if you weren't lucky enough this time around.

2 comments:

Awesome!! Thank you so much!! I can't wait to read this book! I just finished a Cleopatra bio last night, so I'm in the mood for an Egyptian book!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Congrats Carrie! Enjoy the book!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home