Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The End is Nigh

I know I've used this picture before to signal the start of school, but this is what school feels like to me, the determined focus, yet there's still that fanatic hurry. If all things go to plan, this is my last semester of school... if I don't lose my mind and decide to go to grad school. I have been going to school on and off for basically my whole life, there was a one year gap from 1996 to 1997 wherein I refused to go to college, followed promptly by going to school after a year of seeing what a lack of education would have in store for me. I also had some time off from 2001 to 2002, but seeing as that was because of family members dying, I really don't think that should count. When I graduated with my BS in 2004 I said "no more school" followed quickly by me looking into grad schools and the like. I even took that blasted GRE.

I've been going to my current school since 2007, taking about a class a semester, so as I can still work and do my blog. It's going to be weird to be done... So, this semester I'm in Portfolio, which means, at the end I'll have a kick ass Portfolio of about twelve pieces to schlep around to get a job. But I know what you're all thinking, if she's so busy with school what about us? What about the blog posts? Don't worry gentle readers, I have prepared for this eventuality. I have been warned in advance that at the beginning of this class to say good bye to my friends and my family. You are that, but, so as I won't have to say good bye, only see you soon, I have been diligently working on making sure that I have blog posts ready all through December! That's right, I've been planning that far ahead!

What does the rest of the year hold in store? For me, stress and anxiety, for you, the conclusion of Steampunk Summer with many more awesome guests, including some original material from George Mann. Magrs Month for all of October, where I will review a portion of Paul Magrs' oeuvre, which is quite extensive, as well as having a giveaway and time with the man himself! The end of the year will be devoted to Charles Dickens, because you really didn't think I'd overlook 200 years of Dickens did you? So sit back and enjoy, I'll be here... just not here here. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll always be here responding to your posts!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home