Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Bibliophilic Spree

1) Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells - The end of the Sabina Kane book, sigh. Thanks to my peeps down at Murder by the Book for getting me a signed copy at their June event! Bought at Murder by the Book.

2) The Taken by Vicki Pettersson - I had heard about series and then John at Murder by the Book insisted on it's awesomeness and the fact he could get me a signed copy, yes, an easy sell, plus I trust his opnion. Can't wait to dive in! Bought at Murder by the Book.

3) *Everyone's Reading Bastard by Nick Hornby - An epub short story that wasn't worth it. Bought at Amazon.com

*Means it's already been read

4)* A Ministry of Peculiar Occurances: Tales from the Archives The Wrong Camera by Catherine Ford - Yet another great addition to the Ministry's every growing archive of epubs! Also fun to see Eliza pre-England. Bought at Amazon.com.

5) The Thames: Sacred River by Peter Ackroyd - I've been reading the new book by Deborah Harkness and there is so much about Queen Elizabeth's England and life on the Thames, that I saw this book at just had to get it. Also, the cover is a cool die cut of the waterline. Bought at Half Price Books.

6) Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter - THE book of this summer, which I've been waiting to pick up for quite awhile. Bought at Barnes and Noble.

7) The Strange Fate of Kitty Easton by Elizabeth Speller - Crumbling old estate, murder mystery, I am so sold. Ironically I didn't realize this was the second in the series by Elizabeth Speller, but luckily I had picked up the first awhile ago! Bought at Frugal Muse.

8) Peter and Max: A Fables Novel by Bill Willingham - So, I've kind of been sucked into the world of the Fables comics. Actually, seems pretty logical if you look at my reading tastes. I'm actually not this far along in the series yet, but since I was at the comic book store, and they had a mint copy... and I knew this is one I would need some time with other than the comics which I can speed through, seemed a logical choice. Bought at Westfield Comics.

9)* Shadow of Night by Deboarh Harkness - Finally in hardcover! I read the book on my Kindle thanks to the publisher, because I knew I was going to a signing so I didn't want to have to buy the book twice! (Always support you local stores when they have an event by buying the book there! Even if they where as disorganized and chaotic as the Barnes and Noble this event was at.) Also, Deborah Harkness is a damn good speaker. Bought at Barnes and Noble.

*Already read the book, though not this edidtion

Note on the bookstores:
Amazon.com - because sometimes, more often that not, your local Barnes and Noble didn't stock that ONE book you where looking for, and having prime means everything shows up so fast!

Barnes and Noble - the last big chain in the Midwest that everyone knows and loves or loathes accordingly.

Frugal Muse - local Madison, Wisconsin chain with two stores in town which sells both old and new books at wonderful prices (at a really steep discount for new books too) and is easily my favorite bookstore.

Half Price Books - chain store of used books where you can often get amazing deals, but whose prices are not quite half off anymore since they decided to raise their prices in a bad economy.

Murder by the Book - the best bookstore in the world! They're in Houston, Texas and have tons of amazing events and for every book you buy they'll let you send in three books to get signed. Love you all!

Westfield Comics - the local comic book shop that I try not to ever hit on a Wednesday. Madison has a strong geek community and it's kind of like a mad crush on Wednesdays.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home