Friday, September 4, 2009

In My Mailbox

I am in a state of unbridled joy! My first true validation of being a "reviewer" has arrived in the mail today. My first ARC! Direct from the publisher to my doorstep, months before release, Lauren Willig's The Betrayal of the Blood Lily! I am so excited I almost set aside Catching Fire, I say almost, since I'm almost done and then I can revel in all the glories of Napoleonic Spies over my holiday weekend. I have a feeling I'll be giddy for awhile. While I have gotten ARCs before from other sources, friends or booksellers or the Galley Ho! event at WisCon, but never one meant just for me, with my name on the label direct from the publishers with a nice little letter. Yippy is all I have to say, well that and the fact that nearer the books release in January I'm planning on having some fun Pink Carnation themed giveaways...so yippy for all! And if you have never read any of the Pink Carnation books and have always thought Jane Austen could maybe use some spies, then you really must read any of Lauren Willig's series! Head on over to her website and check it out, I hope you'll love her books as much as I do.

4 comments:

Yay congrats! I have the first three in my physical TBR. Can't wait to read your review :-D

They are all so good April, my favorites are the 1st and the 4th, with the 5th in close contention, but they are all wonderful.

Congrats! It's fun to get books just for you in the mail!

I am officially jealous!! Count me in when you have your contest!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home