Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And the Award Goes to...

Me! Who'd you expect? (But you might have a little something coming your way...) I'd very much like to thank Misty over at Book Rat for this lovely summery themed Lemonade Award, pretty and thirst quenching, I kid you not. Go check out her site, it's pretty darn awesome, though perhaps she should be reprimanded for introducing me to Better World Books (mmmm more books), and help her get some more followers, everyone needs followers!

The Award:
Lemonade Award!

What's it all about (Alfie)?:
The Lemonade Award is for sites which show great attitude and/or attitude!

Rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Nominate your favorites and link to this post.

The Nominees:
Esme at Chocolate & Croissants, Writings About Cooking, Travel, Everything French

Pixie, Stacey and Jess at Page Turners...Better Underneath the Covers

Austenfan at Reality Bites, Fiction Does it Better

Abby at Abby (the) Librarian

Genevieve at Genevieve's Blog...Something Bookish

Briana at The Book Pixie

Meghan at Meghan's Book Blog

Liyana at LiyanaLand!

Book Butterfly at The Book Butterfly

Yan at Books By Their Cover

Also, because I'm so lazy, I won another award, the very sweet Humane Award, awhile back from the lovely Kristen over at Bookworming in the 21st Century but have yet to post it or spread the love. So more nominations for my fellow bloggers and book buddies, many from goodreads!

The Award:
The Humane Award

What's it all about (Alfie)?:
Is to honor certain bloggers that are kindhearted individuals. They regularly take part in my blog and always leave the sweetest comments. If it wasn't for them, my site would just be an ordinary book review blog. Their blogs are also amazing and are tastefully done on a daily basis. This award is to thank them for their growing friendships through the blog world.

Rules:
I didn't get a number as to how many, so I'm just doing my five favourites!

The Nominees:
April at Good Books & Good Wine, you get an award!

Misty at Book Rat, you get an award!

Kate at The Neverending Shelf, you get an award!

Erica at The Book Cellar, you get an award!

Susan at Well-Mannered Frivolity, you get an award!

Well, I bet you're all exhausted after that lengthy awards ceremony, that Martha Graham dance number inspired by the complete works of the Russian masters was unique...but I hope you are all leaving happy and have found some new blogs to follow (after mine of course). Also don't forget my 50th Post Competition is running till the end of the month and it really looks like I'm going to hit 50 followers, so I'll have to think of something really cool and special for the winner (rubs hands together diabolically with slight maniacal laugh).

13 comments:

Thanks so much Eliza! (L)

Thank you so much for the award. That was so kind of you to think of me. :D

~Briana

A big big thanks for the award! I really appreciate it. :)

Thank you so much! That's so nice of you. =D

Thank you so much, it's great to be recognized like this!!!!

Ms. Eliza-thank you so much-this is truly a big surprise and I appreciate your recognition. I cannot wait to pass this along.

Thank you!! :D

Congrats on your awards! Well deserved.

Congrats on your awards! And thanks a bunch for mine.

Thank You, we will get this on our blog ASAP :D

Better World truly is addictive. I stayed up until 4am one night digging through the bargain bin. You should have seen the size of the box when it finally came. And keep in mind, I have ZERO room for new books. They are stacked in every inch of my bookshelves (double stacked where they can be), on top of my tv, my computer desk, entertainment center, in various shoeboxes...I have a problem.

Thanks for the award!!!!!

Thanks so much for the award! I'll have to give this some thought... I have been "discovering" a lot of great new blogs lately :)

Awards are always fun and I have one for you here.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home