Friday, October 28, 2016

Janice's Toast

 
"I would like to toast the author that brought something magical and fantastic to the comic book industry! I remember the first time I picked up a Sandman comic. It was the early 90’s, I was a teen in high school, with a growing obsession with comic books and comic book artists. Sandman was like nothing I had ever read before. Instead of panels of beefed up heroes duking it out, it was filled with stories of fantasy, and magic. There were also these beautiful insights into the character’s relationships with each other, their own personal discoveries and trials. I was hooked! Neil Gaiman, thank you for bringing that to the world." - Janice

You'd think meeting two of my favorite authors at a reading at TeslaCon would have been the highlight of that weekend, but really it was meeting Janice. Since we met all those years ago Janice continually astounds me by being quite literally the sweetest, kindest, and most generous person I have ever met and I am lucky to call her my friend. A consummate host who welcomes you into her home with open arms. As if that weren't enough she is also one of the most talented and creative people I know. From creating costumes to doing faceups to making the most amazing monsters for her company Sew Sweet Monsters. A true artist working with felt and fur.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home