Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book Review - Melissa Marr's Old Habits

Old Habits by Melissa Marr
Published by: Harper Collins
Publication Date: January 11th, 2011
Format: Kindle
Challenge: Horror and Urban Fantasy
Rating: ★★★
To Buy
Old habits die hard. For me as much as for Niall and Irial. I have to read everything in a series, even if it's pretty pointless short stories that are really cheap on Amazon. Melissa Marr has to keep adding addendums to Niall and Irial. As with her other short story, Stopping Time, Marr seems to have this sick need to return to the story that had a perfect ending in Ink Exchange. I should add that I haven't finished the Wicked Lovely series, so I'm sure there's much more to the story, but I just really like where Ink Exchange ended. Adding all this fluff on, because, if it wasn't worth putting in the book it's fluff, just cheapens the story. Sometimes you have to know when to quit. So Melissa, quit it already! Niall and Irial will figure out a way to make there tenuous relationship work, we don't need to hear about it in excruciating detail. Sheesh.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home