Monday, October 1, 2012

Magrs Month

Last year I was lucky enough to meet this unique and talented author. I had heard of Paul Magrs (pronounced Mars) in passing because I am a fan of Helene Hanff, of 84, Charing Cross Road fame, and Paul came out with 666 Charing Cross Road last year, and the title alone made me giggle and want to pick up the book. After hearing him do a reading from his books I knew that I just didn't want to read 666 Charing Cross Road but every book he'd written, in particular his stories about Brenda and Effie, where Brenda is the Bride of Frankenstein and she opens up and Bed and Breakfast in the North East of England.

On the last day of Teslacon, we got to talking and I mentioned I had a blog and shortly after that Paul sent me the info for his publicist and shortly after that I received some amazingly lovely books in the mail. I had been planning on reading them and reviewing them anyway, but to have Paul go out of his way so that I could read his books, well, that deserves a whole themed month says I! Oh, and a giveaway with one of the books! So this month is all Paul Magrs all the time! I'm reviewing all the Brenda and Effie books, as well as a few others. There will also be some fun questions and answers every weekend, including the importance of Pandas, as well as the giveaway previously mentioned. So prepare yourself for some spooktacular fun (sorry, I had to say that, not sure why, it just came out, it's October, these things are known to happen...)

Prizes:

1st Prize: Never the Bride, the first book in the Brenda and Effie series by Paul Magrs

2nd and 3rd Prize: A Lovely Victorian Christmas Card overflowing with so much Christmasy cheer that it could burn out your eyes. Mrs. Claus would approve.

A close up of the cards so they will haunt your nightmares... I mean, so you'll want to win them! Side note, I can't believe I just found these hanging out in my closet! Too perfect, they where waiting for Magrs Month!

The Rules:
1. Open to EVERYONE, just because you haven't been following me all along doesn't mean you don't matter, you just get more entries if you prove you love me by following.
2. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if your name is drawn, either your blogger profile or a link to your website/blog or you could even include your email address with your comment(s).
3. Giveaway ends Wednesday, October 31st at 11:59PM CST Yes, that's Halloween!
4. How to enter:

Answer me this: What is your favorite B-Movie/Horror Film?

5. And for those addicted to getting extra entries:
  • +1 for answering the question above
  • +2 for becoming a follower
  • +10 if you are already a follower
  • +10 for each time you advertise this contest - blog post, sidebar, twitter (please @eliza_lefebvre), etc. (but you only get credit for the first post, so tweet all you like, and I thank you for it, but you'll only get the +10 once). Also please leave a link! There's a handy code on the side for your sidebars!
  • +25 if you comment on any of the posts this month, with something other than "I hope I win" or a variation thereof.
Good luck to all, may the odds be ever in your favor.

2 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Little Shop of Horrors!

(Both the original B-movie and the musical versions.)

+1 for answering question
+10 for already following

musichistorygeek AT gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home