Friday, June 3, 2011

Remembrance

Yesterday I was reminded of how much our furry little friends mean to us. It's been more than two years since I lost my little guy. It still hurts everyday. It's a dull pain, not the sharp keen pain of a year ago, it's getting better all the time, as The Beatles would say. But I know it will never go away, it never should. I never dream of him, sometimes I wish I did. But my Dad said it's because he's still a part of my life that I don't need to dream about him because he's with me everyday, as he was for the 22 years we had together. I know this is true. And my friend who lost his dear dog yesterday must now go through what I have. At least I can say that it does get better, but more importantly, that you will never forget how much he meant to you. He'll always be there.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home