Friday, May 27, 2011

WisCon

I know you will all be jealous of my holiday weekend plans when I say I'm spending them at WisCon. The best book geek convention and so near my house, it's fate. While I wanted, but was unable to battle the hordes at BEA this past week (damn inner ear) my consolation prizes (seeing as I couldn't be in two places at the same time) are Catherynne Valente, K. Tempest Bradford, Ellen Klages, Seanan McGuire, Sarah Monette, Mary Doria Russell, Lynne M. Thomas and so many more (go here to drool). It's not really consolation but jubilation. So as you're eating your brats and drinking your brew, I'll be where I'm meant to be, in rooms surrounded by people clutching books. And what's even better? No one thinks you're weird when you geek out at the mention of Joss Whedon or Doctor Who. In fact... they expect it! MY PEOPLE! Expect a full report once I've recovered.

1 comments:

I am not familiar with WisCon, but a geek festival sounds like great fun to me! Have a great time, and don't forget the camera. I look forward to your report.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home