Saturday, April 1, 2017

It's a Kind of Magic

It was inevitable that I would eventually create a theme month named after a Queen song. Seriously, I don't know how it hasn't happened sooner. Sing it with me! "One dream, one soul, one prize, one goal, one golden glance of what should be... The bell that rings inside your mind, is a challenging the doors of time!" Yes, it's from the movie Highlander. Don't judge. For the last two years I have spent the Spring months celebrating "Regency Magic." After doing four months dedicated to that theme I've kind of decimated the subgenre. Though don't be bereft my fellow lovers of "Regency Magic" I have very recently stumbled on new books and that theme month will return next year! But the problem became this year. I'd kind of started craving magic and fantasy in the Spring so I figured, why not just give into it? So the books I've been reading, they're not "Regency Magic" but they are "A Kind of Magic!" Get it? I knew you would. As fate would have it I had planned to do lots of different authors and then I kind of got sucked in by Earthsea, so, this month is a little heavy on Ursula K. Le Guin, and by a little heavy, I mean it's an Ursula K. Le Guin month but I still wanted to introduce "It's a Kind of Magic" that will be used going forward whenever there aren't enough "Regency Magic" books around. Because I'm sure their will be future "Regency Magic" droughts but there is never a drought of other kinds of magic! Unless you're in Fillory and Ember takes a shit in the Wellspring. Yeah. I kind of love that show.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home