Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Continuing the Tradition

While the "Golden Age of Detection" has come and gone, we can always revisit it by opening the pages of these hallowed classics. But the problem is, once you have read all these books, there is no more. There is a finite number of these classics, and once read, well, you can obviously re-read them many times till the covers are worn and frayed, but you will always know whodunit. Thankfully there are authors who have come to answer our plight. In literature there is, I wouldn't say a new, but currently a very prevalent trend, to go back and live within this golden age. To have mysteries once more set within the heyday of Agatha Christie and Dorothy L. Sayers. New fresh stories with modern twists on old tropes. A balm to our hearts that are yearning for more.

My "Golden Summer" will now shift it's focus from the old doyennes and masters of the craft, to those authors currently writing in the genre that was created by these great luminaries. I have been blessed with not only loving these author's works, but having the joy of when I reached out to them to have them not only contact me back, but enthusiastically agree to take part in my blog this summer. There is nothing more wonderful then the thrill of sending an email out to an author and getting a little ping back in your inbox. While I could keep you waiting to see who is participating... I view that a little as cruel and unusual punishment, therefore, without further ado, I present my Golden Summer lineup: Joanna Challis, Carola Dunn, Kerry Greenwood, Catriona McPhearson, J.J. Murphy, and Elizabeth Speller. This is quite literally my dream lineup, but while I told you who is participating, you'll have to come back to see why they set their books when they do. I know, I'm such a tease!

Remember to check back often as I'll have guest posts from all these authors, and don't forget to enter the giveaway. You want free books right?

2 comments:

I'm very honored to be listed among this glorious gaggle of "new" writers of the Golden Age of Detection, and to be spoken of in the same breath as the classic writers of the Golden Age. Thanks for the honor, Miss Eliza!

And I am so glad to have you here!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home